INSIDE GAMES AND ACTIVITIES, NONCOMPETITIVE
1. Make backwards masks. Draw the front and back of a head on a paper bag. Cut eyes in the back and wear the paper-bag masks backwards.
2. Have a backwards parade walking in a circle.
3. Write down everyone's name spelled backwards. Try to call each other by his or her backwards name.
INSIDE GAMES, COMPETITIVE (WINNERS LOSE, LOSER GET PRIZES!)
1. Backwards Relay Race. Walk or jump backwards.
2. Suitcase Race. Use winter clothes in summer and summer clothes in winter. Put them on backwards.
3. Who can stand on his or her head the longest?
4. Who can do the most backward somersaults?
5. Pin the Nose on the Donkey. Play like Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
OUTSIDE GAMES, NONCOMPETITIVE
1. Spud. Call it "Dups" or "Crazy" and spell it that way in the game.
2. Sardines. All children, except It, close their eyes and count to 100 while It hides in a space large enough for more than one child. When the counting is finished, one child searches for It while the others count to 100 again. If the seeker finds the hidden child, the seeker joins It in the hiding place. If the seeker does not find the hidden child, the he or she is eliminated. The next child now becomes the seeker and looks for the hidden child (or children). The game continues until each child has a turn at being the seeker. All children packed into the hiding spot like sardines are the winners.
3. Backward Man's Buff. Play like Blind Man's Buff.
OUTSIDE GAMES, COMPETITIVE
1. Backwards Relay Races. Walk or jump backwards.
2. Treasure Hunt. Inside the treasure box there are more clues leading back to the starting point, where the real treasure is.